Enter your email to get FREE updates and EXCLUSIVE content

 
Email:

Google Slowly Turning Into Microsoft! Say It Ain't So

Been a while since I wrote my last blog post and i think it's time to get back to it. During my very short time off, I was able to read on my first passion which is tech. The more I read, the more my eyes started to open and soon I was seeing a sort of pattern between Microsoft and Google. I came to a startling conclusion, Google is slowly turning into Microsoft!



Yes for all you Google Heads(me being one of them) it might come as a shock or a cause for concern. You might be saying, "Who the hell does this guy think saying Google is becoming a souless corporate multi-billion dollar machine. Google is awesome, fun and is our friend. This guy is an idiot and should never be allowed to blog again." A few days ago, I would have said the same to someone who wrote a post like this. At one point, the late, Great Steve Jobs predicted this would happen. So let's put aside our emotions and look at the cold hard to swallow facts.

First of all Microsoft Co-founder and Tech Legend Bill Gates said it himself 


         "They are more like us than anyone else we have ever competed with."


13 simple words and yet they tell a lot. I mean, think about it. This is Bill Gates! Who knows you better than you know yourself???


Micosoft rules the Desktop, Google Rules Search:'
The Windows OS owns over 85% of worldwide market share.
Google owns well over 80%
If you think about it Google runs the internet. You face suicide if you do not play by their rules.
With this kind of dominance comes greed, if you are not careful which comes to my next point.


Monopoly Anyone?
Yes, with dice on a board, it can be a pretty fun game but in the real world it is serious business. You could end up being sued for over $100 million dollars. That's what happened to Microsoft. Monopolistic practices caused them, for some time to spend more hours in the courtroom than writing code.

Google was recently discovered to favor Google+ search results by engineers from Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. A clear message from them was Don't Be Evil. The funny thing is this was Google's slogan which is now being used on them! Funny ho things change huh?

Free, Free, Free
Microsoft ran into some monopoly trouble over discouraging competition by bundling free software to their windows platform. 
Google is doing the same with Youtube, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Docs, Google Plus.. etc The list is endless. All you have to do is sign up for one of these and you have an account for all of them. They have effectively taken an operating system and put it online so that you never have to leave Google to do what you want. I can't complain, I like this because it does come in handy but according to the FTC( ), for some reason, that's a big no-no.

Okay there are many ways that Google is becoming Microsoft but I don't have the time to go over all of them. So just search the net, i believe there are people with more knowledge than me on the matter and I encourage you to read about this.

My goal is to send a message to Google and tell them what they have been saying all along "Don't Be Evil" I am a big fan of these guys especially Larry Page and Sergey Brin themselves and I don't want them to go go down this dangerous road. 

SO MAKE THIS MESSAGE HEARD, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY TWEETING, EMAILING, LIKING, DIGGING, STUMBLING AND JUST PLAIN SHARING THIS WITH THE WORLD! WHILE YOU ALSO FIGHT PIPA, HELP SAVE GOOGLE FROM THEMSELVES!